Far From The Mountain

One year in a Guatemalan jungle with 150 kids.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Yo tengo una familia

It seems we are most vulnerable to our own bodies and minds. During the last year or so you could sum me up with I'm fine, just don´t ask me any questions.
Fertility planning, clinics, drugs, surgery, two years. Shields up.
Heather probably can´t have a baby. Shields up.
Heather is weepy again, takes another pregancy test. It is positive. Shields up.
Heather returns to the pharmacy to purchase another test. Two lines again, she is pregnant and I walk down the main street shouting at and showing anyone, who turns my way, my two tests with two lines. Shields down.
But there is bleeding and a threat of miscarriage. Shields up.
Two weeks waiting. Five straight days of rain. Shields up.
A few times Heather seems close to a yellow color and nearly vomiting. Ah, me thinks, shields down.
Today waiting at the ultrasound clinic for two plus hours, shields definitely up.
Woosh, woosh, woosh, woosh, woosh, woosh, woosh, woosh, woosh, woosh, woosh, woosh. That's 12 beats in five seconds, I estimated, or 144 life pumping heart beats in one minute. Oh, yeah, shields down.
What about the blood Doctor? Shields? No blood. No more threat of loosing this baby.
I´m a father. She is a mother. We are a family.

1 Comments:

At 8:58 PM, Blogger Brad said...

CONGRATS!!! I am so pleased to hear about your blessing! I am going to be an uncle again! Our prayers are with your Family now!

Love you 3,
Brad

 

Post a Comment

<< Home